Friday, June 30, 2006

PLD34/WAR17

Wellll, that was interesting. o.O I have a few screenshots, but as usual I forgot to email them to myself.

After I first got on, I turned down 5 invites while I was helping a couple of friends with some things. I was kinda hoping that would mean good things for when I actually started lfp, but you know how FFXI goes... :P Around midnightish EST when I started looking, it was dead. DEAD.

But honestly, I didn't have my flag up that long... maybe 20 minutes while I was crafting my melon juice. I'm not really known for my patience, though, and I REALLY wanted a party, so I swallowed my fear of leading and got down to business.

My /tells to potential invitees go like this: ((Hello!))(Experience points))((Party))((Garlaige Citadel)) @3 ((Member)) PLD COR WHM 33-35 ((Do you need it?)) I still got ignored a few times, but not nearly as much as I used to before I started using that format.

After a million frantic questions to the only ls mate who has patience for me, and asking about 15 NA & JP players, I finally filled my party. We were 3 NA and 3 JP, which actually turned out really well. The one and only problem I had was that the jp whm was really bad about overcuring me, and I couldn't for the life of me think how to communicate my request. Somehow, ((Cure))((No thanks.)) inspires visions of angry ((White mage)) and lots of gory ((Paladin)) ((death)). o.O

The afore-mentioned ls mate came and stood watch over me. Too nice, that one. xD We didn't really need a pl, but it was nice to have the company and the security of knowing that a Cure IV was trained on me if I needed it (which I did, but only once! lol)

The more parties I lead, the less intimidating it gets, but... I'm not leading anything again for a while until I get used to the Crawler's Nest. I've not been there yet... hell, I don't even know where it is! lol This should be quite the interesting weekend. I plan on getting at least 36.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arwenne said...

ArwenneOnCarbuncle@gmail.com

11:29 AM  
Blogger Akanea said...

Check http://paladinman.blogspot.com/ as well for more PLD info, he's a great friend of mine who I recently got Sea access with. If you don't know the horror stories associated with Sea and a PLD tank check it out. He whooped major ass and rocked on the Airship fight ^^

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home