Friday, June 16, 2006

Focusing

I leveled my thf a bit last night, and got halfway to 13. I'm going to wait and get a pt in the Dunes this weekend. That was some seriously fun leveling, even though it boring after a while. THF/MNK does some wicked damage, and compared to the other jobs I've been leveling lately (whm, blm, pld and thf using a dagger: *shudder*), this is just too much fun.

I haven't used ranged much at all, but since my primary job up to 37 will most likely be puller, I've started lvling archery. I got the Self Bow and Bone Arrows (from the same NPC) and was really proud that my archery got up to level 9. Then this morning I checked the skill limit database, and the archery cap for THF12 is ... 35. ><

After I took a break from the leveling, I finally got around to organizing the mess I'd made of my gear. One main and 3 mules - should make for some easy organization... you'd think. But I got so excited about leveling other jobs that I ended up with whm, thf, war & pld gear strewn all over the place. It's back to a semblance of normalcy now. And after this, I think I will keep that third mule until I can sell off some of the more worthless junk I've aquired with all my lowbie lvling.

Tonight, I'm going to get back to the business of lvling either pld or thf. I don't really want to lvl war any higher until I have the option of subbing thf for damage dealing. I plan on putting in my search comments that I can sub either /mnk for tanking or /thf for DD. Hopefully I'll get lucky and someone will let me tank. But the reason I want to wait to level war any more until I have /thf is because DD as a war/mnk is no fun at all. :(

The mess I recently made of my inventory is evidence enough that I need to try to focus on one job. But for me, it's two. :D So I'm putting my war, whm, blm and mnk away for a while, until I can get thf leveled up enough to 20 at least. And of course, lvling pld is going to be a big priority.

One other thing. As I've said before, the people are what keep me coming back to this game every day. And therefore, people can be what drives you from it. I miss some of my friends who haven't been on in a while, and at least one person is making my FFXI life more cluttered than it needs to be. Methinks the /invisible feature was put there for a reason. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home