Thursday, June 15, 2006

My first JP pt

I keep forgetting to email myself the screenies! Grr.

Anyway, tonight I logged on and decided I was gonna get a pt. First I tried putting my flag up on war. Waited 10 minute or so, nothing. I'm not known for my patience, so I decided to grab my mnk gear from my mule and see if I could get a pt in the Dunes. Halfway into that, I decided I would save myself the grief, since this was in the middle of JP primetime (and I've NEVER been invited to a JP pt before), and just level whm some more. So I changed back into war, because I was too embarrassed to ride the airship in my gimped whm soloing gear (XD) and the moment I stepped out of my mh I got an invite.

Ye gods, what is this madness? An invite? Without my flag up? During JP primetime? On my WAR/MNK?!?!

I was pretty sure I must've fallen asleep, so assuming this was a dream, I was like Hell yeah! Let's do this thing. I put my war gear back on and trudged my ass out to Garbage "you know what". Hate that place. >:( But it was a dream, right? How bad could it get.

Well... turns out I was, in fact, awake. Not a dream at all - more like a waking nightmare. o.O I didn't get to tank... no, the taru paladin got that honor. And I couldn't stop missing. I must've missed at least 50-60% of my hits. And when you're swinging a great axe with over 500 delay... *ouch*. More than a little embarrassing, to say the least.

I've come to the conclusion that I dearly hope I get into more JP pts in the future. Even though they could've been laughing their asses off at me for all I know, it was a fantastic pt. Probably the most incredibly smooth pt I've ever been in. I got one level, and the only bad thing was that we broke when I was only 400 away from 34. 400! ;; Oh well. It was just so much fun to be playing warrior again, but I really hope that next time I get to tank. So far there's still nothing I love more than tanking with my great axe. :D

I'm supposed to be waiting for my friend to level pld with me... but that's really starting to hold me back. I need to figure something out. In the meantime, I'll keep leveling war. However, this weekend I really have to start leveling mnk again. I only have two more levels on war before my sub will become gimped. o.O Can't have that, now can we? :P

Then, I helped some a LS mate try to get his friends rank 3. That was fun, because he asked me to look up the mission and walk them through how to do it. The LS mate has helped me out a lot, and met me when I was a very newbish newbie, so it was nice to be able to show that I've matured somewhat as a player, and I'm not a helpless newbie anymore. :D

And, that's about it. Damn, I'm in a good mood today. Here's hoping it stays. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home