Thursday, May 18, 2006

I have one word for last night...

WOW.

Let's see... my first night of exping in the jungle, and my favorite PLD hit 75!! And I was there to see it! That was awesome.^^

Last night started off fairly boring, as usual. I sat in my mh and talked to people, because my fish weren't selling and I couldn't think of anything to do. Then my LS ordered me to go level, so I ended up going out to Kazham with two LS mates who were also leveling. Oh, and by the way, if you store your armor with an NPC you can get it back from any of the armor storer NPCs, not just the original one. Handy little piece of info to have, right there.

This is me on my first night in Kazham (which was actually yesterday) :P



Anyhoo, after about 10 ignored invites and a lot of confusion, I got into a pt with one of my LS mates. And I have to admit guys - the first 20 minutes or so of that pt were by far the most humiliating moments of my entire FFXI career. I've started to notice that the higher I get, the faster the parties seem to move. Everyone expects you to know exactly what you're supposed to do. And I sucked beyond horribly. To say I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off would probably be a fair assessment.

Luckily, we had a pl'er, so after several fights and several questions, I found out what I was supposed to be doing, and got balanced again. The pt went very well after that, and my LS mate was beyond cool about everything. I'm very lucky. I hit 26 before people started leaving. Three new people later, and the party became completely awesome. I was kinda shocked that even though they had a war/nin, they still had me main tank. Now, granted, the war/nin was a Taru and had 100 less hp than me... but still. lol I was surprised, and more than a little relieved because main tanking is still the thing I know how to do best.

I would have hit 27, but I was getting very tired, so I left to go chat with a friend for a bit. After he left, I was gonna hit the sack, but the pld was really close to 75, so I stayed to witness the momentous occasion. And I'm so glad I did. That was amazing!! I've never been so excited for anyone. I know this is probably old stuff to you guys, but to a 3-month FFXI newbie - watching someone hit 75 is beyond cool.^^

And that's about it. I only got a few hours of sleep, but it was absolutely worth it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home