Friday, May 12, 2006

Well, hell. I learned something new last night.

Turns out ninjas do tank alright before 50, but they CAN'T MAIN TANK. Yeah, you heard me. They can't. Those shadows go down, and BAM! Dude is bleeding hp like water through a sieve.

So I get invited to a pt literally 2 seconds after I log in. New record for me, by the way. I asked if I could be the tank, got the affirmative, and I was on my way. Then when I get there, I'm informed that a ninja is on the way, and he'll be tanking. I would be back-up tank. *huge sigh* So we get started while we wait for Mr. Perfect Shadowy Tank Man, and I s?cked big time for the first few fights, like I always do. Then tank man arrives, and tells me I need to watch for his shadows to drop and then voke. This is where the I learned something new part comes in. I'd never had to do that before, so I asked. I should have figured this out, but it turns out that the way you know the dude's shadows have dropped is when he takes a hit.

We fell into a nice little rhythm, and the party was actually fantastic. I made almost 2 levels. Very steady. Everyone did their thing, and I discovered that being back-up tank wasn't half bad. I learned to watch the chat log and watch Prissy Shadow Boy's hp bar very closely. I'm a lot less intimidated by Qufim now, because we took on the giants. There's nothing like fighting those giants... damn. I was so distracted during the first fight because those things are HUGE. And UGLY. And just downright freaky. Gah!

I left the pt around midnight, and my Galka friend came to fetch me back to Jeuno. I was gonna go to bed, but he had a pl'er from his linkshell, and wanted me to go kill stuff with him so he could level his whm. So off we went, back to the island, and it was awesome. I got to level 23, and was getting skill-ups like crazy. Great Axe hit 70 and I got Sturmwind! OMG, that is such a f???ing cool WS. I hit 72 before we quit to go to bed. That was fun. I'm very lucky to have some good people to call friends in that game. :D If you're reading this - *mwah!* Luv ya!

I'm going to keep trudging on in Qufim til I get to 24. I'm going to get some stacks of meat mithkabobs, since I probably won't be doing much main-tanking anymore. *sigh* I wonder if I should put away the shield earrings and get the beetle earrings for the +1 att. Probably. *big sigh*

Oh well. Just 14 more levels until I unlock PLD, and then no one better ever tell me I can't tank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home